Each year after GCSEs, the natural progression for many of our students is to go on to study A Levels in Years 12 & 13 at Birkenhead Sixth Form College.
Situated in the heart of Claughton Village, just a stone’s throw from The Birkenhead Park School, the college specialises in teaching and support for 16-19-year-olds and more students choose to study there than any other Wirral sixth form.
Birkenhead Sixth Form College is part of Wirral Academy Trust along with The Birkenhead Park School, and the college is partnered with the school to provide the best possible education for students after GCSEs.
More about Birkenhead Sixth Form College:
- Their A Level results are in the top 10% nationally for value added to students’ grades and performance.
- More than 45 subjects and courses on offer.
- Subjects that are not generally taught at GCSE level in England are available, such as Law, Psychology and Health & Social Care.
- The college offers BTECs along with A Levels, so each students’ time at the college can be tailored to suit their aspirations and needs.
- Subjects can be taken in any combination.
- More than 400 students went on to university last year, and more than 100 of those were offered places at the prestigious Russell Group Universities.
- Each student is assigned a personal Tutor to look after their transition from GCSEs to A Levels, and from A Levels to university or apprenticeships & employment.
- Every teacher is a specialist in 16-19 education and solely teaches that age group. Many have previously been industry professionals in their areas of teaching, such as lawyers, doctors and psychologists.
A huge number of our students went on to start at Birkenhead Sixth Form College in September, having left the School with some fantastic GCSE results. Read how some of them have found their first few months at the college below!
For more information regarding Birkenhead Sixth Form College's recent Ofsted results please follow the link below