Literacy Lead Practitioner
- Role: Literacy Lead Practitioner
- Reports To: Assistant Headteacher & Head of English
- Hours: Full Time
- Salary: Leadership Scale L1-L5
- Start Date: September 2021
Are you an inspiring and enthusiastic primary practitioner with a passion for literacy who is looking for a new challenge and wants to make a real difference to the lives of children and young people?
We are looking for an exceptional teacher with strong knowledge and expertise in phonics and Key Stage 1 provision who is ready for a new challenge. This brand new role is a great opportunity for someone with drive and commitment to make a positive impact on the literacy skills of our students.
About the Role
The Birkenhead Park School operates in an area of extreme economic and social deprivation. Approximately a quarter of our students join the school with a reading age of 7 years or below. Our school’s ethos is ‘Ambition and Excellence for All’ so we are keen to address this issue head on and have created this new and exciting role.
This role will ensure that students in Key Stage 3 have the essential building blocks for literacy so that they can successfully access the secondary curriculum and go on to achieve academic outcomes that will help improve their life choices.
There are two elements to the Literacy Lead Practitioner role:
1. Working with students - teaching English and implementing appropriate, evidence-based interventions to develop reading skills with a cohort of students in Year 7 and 8 who have been identified for extra support.
2. Working with teaching staff – firstly, through instructional coaching methods, enabling other subject specialists to develop students’ literacy skills in the classroom. Secondly, working with the Assistant Headteacher and Head of English to develop and deliver whole school literacy training.
We are seeking to appoint an inspiring, enthusiastic and hardworking teacher with an unwavering passion for literacy to this exciting new role. You will be an outstanding practitioner with up to date knowledge and experience of developing reading in Key Stage 1 and have the ability to apply this expertise in a secondary setting.
You will also have an opportunity to shape the whole school literacy approach. You will work with internal stakeholders to ensure that literacy development is championed throughout the school and that strong practice is shared. You will contribute to the development of a strategy and implementation plan that not only delivers a consistent approach to literacy across the school, but one which inspires students and colleagues alike.
How to apply
You can Quick Apply via TES, or download the Teacher Application Form below.
Completed applications should be returned to the HR Department by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
The closing date for receipt of a completed application form is: Wednesday 21 April 2021
Salary: Leadership Scale L1-L5
Closing Date: 21 April 2021, 11.59pm