As part of our commitment to give our students the best possible education in the current circumstances, we have introduced a brand new remote learning system to support students who are not able to attend school for COVID related reasons (e.g. self-isolating).
From Monday 23rd November, any student who is not in school due to COVID will be able to access live lessons, class resources and homework through Microsoft Teams. This means they will not miss out on learning and can follow the exact lessons and content they would normally follow in school.
Microsoft Teams can be accessed through a desktop computer, laptop or other electronic device and staff have worked with students in Year 10 & 11 to ensure they have appropriate equipment and know how to access Teams.
How to access Microsoft Teams
If you are using a desktop or a laptop (recommended), you can access Teams on any browser at: www.microsoft.com/teams
If you are using a phone or a tablet, download the Microsoft Teams App
Students have been issued with a Microsoft Teams user guide which can also be accessed by clicking here.
Click here to read the Headteacher's letter regarding remote learning to Years 10 and 11.
Visit our Safeguarding for Remote Learning page for details of our safeguarding information. Additionally, our remote learning policy can be found in the information section of the website under policies.
As well as students having full access to their curriculum on Microsoft Teams we have also included a list of recommended website that students can use to support their learning from home.
- YouTube channel - Free Science Lessons
- YouTube channel - Primrose Kitten
History and Geography
- BBC Teach: https://www.bbc.co.uk/teach/secondary/zkqp47h
- Cool Geography: http://www.coolgeography.co.uk/
- KS3 Geography: https://www.3dgeography.co.uk/
- Map Zone: https://www.ordnancesurvey.co.uk/mapzone
- Year 7 History: https://www.ducksters.com/history/
- BBC History for Kids: https://www.bbc.co.uk/history/forkids/
- TES home schooling: https://www.tes.com/teaching-resources-legacy/teacher-essentials/home-learning/secondary
Modern Foreign Languages
- Useful Websites for Languages: open PDF here
Home Learning Resources
If you have any questions or queries please do not hesitate to get in touch; the contact details of Key Curriculum Staff are here so that students and parents can request support or additional resources should this be required.